Each fiscal year, MAFEL awards up to six $225 scholarships for students participating in an internship. Students who identify as belonging to any population that may experience limited access to internship opportunities are highly encouraged to apply.
To be considered for this scholarship, students must:
1. Be enrolled at a MAFEL affiliated school and/or participating in an internship at a MAFEL affiliated site.
2. Be a currently enrolled student.
3. Be currently in an internship, in the process of applying for an internship (in which case MAFEL would verify placement before awarding) or able to verify future placement.
4. Internship must be at least 3-months (12 weeks) in duration.
5. Student must work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Members may access the scholarship application by logging in as a member in the top right corner of this website. Up to 2 scholarships may be awarded per application deadline. Application deadlines are the last Friday in June, October, and February. For 2019-2020, application deadlines are June 28, 2019 | October 25, 2019 | February 28, 2020.